Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Newest Seedling!

You may have to *click on this photo to enlarge*
to see this tiny sprout!
It took from the 13/6/08 until 22/8/08 to appear
-10 weeks to germinate!
It has been winter so I am quite surprised and delighted
to see this little plant.Thanks go to my dear neighbour H.
for watering the empty little pot.
(while I was away for 17 days)
She had no idea if there was even a seed in there,
but kept watering it anyway.
Thanks H.



*****************
Here we have an Opportunist Creeper.
This Gum Tree was cut down in the bush area near where I live.
I'm not sure if the creeper is native or exotic, It looks very healthy!

**********

I won!

My husband has conceded defeat...the stalk on this is closer to

the top of the fence than the mid line between the rails!

The prize...he shouted my ticket to the movies...

'Taken' with Liam Neeson 4/5 a really good action

movie with lots of blood and guts.


*****************

GT No.9

This plant is stuck with a left hand turn ! It has 'Character' and
is continuing to grow despite a rocky start. The quote about

"when the going gets tough, the tough gets going ...comes to mind!

I love this Plant!

**************
The Tally

88 in yogurt pots + 8 adults (varying sizes) + 1 seedling in the garden,
= 97 Grass Trees

*************
BTW...my mystery tree/s is still un-named, however I have asked another horticulturalist about identifying the aforementioned tree, so I am hopeful of news soon!
Cheers Carol

1 comment:

birdymunch said...

Patience and persistence pays off...well most of the time. And so glad you received your 'prize'.