Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2012 ...an update.


An Update at Last!

After ages I am finally updating this Grass Tree Blog!
My many plants have been happily growing  in
 their pots and I have just now planted the two
 I bought  at a garage sale into my garden.

These 2  plants were the ones  which originally
  gave me the idea to try and grow some plants 
from the seeds of  the already established
Grass Tree  No.1 growing in my front garden.



The plants to the left and at rear are GT No 5 & 6 
the one in front is a seedling I grew.



Grass Tree No.6 
Some sugar cane mulch around the base to keep the soil moist!



Grass Tree No. 5  planted in close 
proximity to Gt No. 6
 It seemed  right to keep these two together!


**************************************

The Seedlings ... 
As you can see they are doing OK in their pots!


**********************

Grass Tree  No.1
Unfortunately Grass Tree No. 1 died  last year - 2011. 
The plant become scraggly and started to 
brown off, why it died is a mystery to me, 
 I was really sorry to lose 
such a lovely plant from the garden.


**************************

The Tally
In the long interim between the last post and this, 
some little plants have failed to grow well! 
All  are housed in the same location and given similar care!
I guess this is nature at work! 
Some plants thrive and others do not!
Last year 2011 I planted approx  3 new seeds into  1 pot... 
3 germinated = 1 died and 2 grew so my total plants remains  at:



1 plant in a large pot
102 plants in small pots (pictured above)
7 Grass Trees planted in my garden


Cheers Carol


No comments: