Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This one is not growing well! (corner pot)
Sprouted Mid/January/08
I expect it to croak! Meanwhile I'm trimming off the leaves that die.

The center pot is also in strife!
This is one of 5 seedlings from my No.1 Grass Tree.
Planted 30/10/07 - probably took 16-20 days to sprout.
So this little one has struggled along for 5 months... gosh!

One of the doubtful ones died yesterday, the above one came onto that list so I still have 2 in doubt! The Tally is 85 seedlings.

***********

Something a little different...

I have one of these plants in a pot, not sure of the name, something starting with a P I think!

It is a bit like a cactus as it has treacherous spikes on the stalks!

It has 4 temporary residents!
These guys/gals!

(click to enlarge photo to see spines)

They are eating their house Down!

I have no idea what sort of Butterflies they turn into? (if anyone knows feel free to tell me) I'm leaving them though... I will probably lose 1/2 the plant by the time they are through!

The amazing thing about it is, How the caterpillars can climb about on the plant when they are so soft! and the plant so spiky!
Cheers

No comments: