Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The insy winsy little sprout in the photo is Baby Seedling No.85.
Planted on the 1/4/08 and came up 29/4/08.
It came up 7 days later than the other one in the yogurt pot.
29 days... gosh, earlier in the year(it was warmer) it was taking approx.15,16,or 20 days.



Check out the little wiggly seedling in the center pot... its a bit strange, as if it's got curly hair!!

**************

An update on the caterpillars: there were 4 on my plant.

Don Herbison-Evans suggested that I capture the little fellows and raise them in captivity to see exactly what moth they are going to be? Apparently they are a bit different to the one he thought they may be. This has been quite interesting and something I've never done before. (except for keeping a Praying Mantis when my kids were little, we fed it flys )

At this time 3 have turned into Pupae... two encased themselves in dry leaves on a plant stem and the 3rd on the sand at the bottom of the insect house...in a bundle of dry leaves. This one really liked those red flowers! Just given him/her a new bunch.


****************

Tally= 85 seedlings +7 = 92

Cheers

1 comment:

Knitterary said...

Hi, Carol! *waves*

Your photography is beautiful! Almost makes me feel like I'm right there, looking at the pretty plants.

(Just keep your moths away from my wool, please!)

Keep us posted on your crochet project. :)